Friday, July 31, 2009

Viva Las Vegas

Dear Blog,
Last week Matty boy was at soccer camp at BYU. One good piece of news from that week and one bad. Bad news first. On Thursday he was playing a game, went up for a header, got undercut, and his head landed on his hand. As he landed his knuckle and split his head wide open. The trainer bandaged it up and Matty played in the finals (his team lost in penalty kicks). Directly after that we went to the hospital and he got 15 stitches just above his left eye. Hopefully he doesn’t get a scar, only time will tell. The good news was that he impressed the coaches and was offered a spot on the BYU team, which Matty accepted. He’s a senior in high school this year, and will come out to BYU about a year from now. I’m excited. We went to Macaroni Grill to celebrate.

Matty in town means two things; soccer camp and Vegas. The next day Spencer, Toni, Matty, and I (Daniele met us down there after his trip to Lake Powell) headed down to Sin City to par-tay. We hit In & Out, The V Variety Show, Cheesecake Factory, Gameworks, Benihana, Blue Man Group, Tournament of Kings, and Paris Buffet. Plus, Matty and I had money on the Rays on Saturday. After the first four innings the Rays were down 8-0. We all but gave up on them. They proceeded to make the biggest comeback in franchise history! We only made $20 between the two of us, but it was exhilarating. I also met up with Amber and we went with her mom and Tori to club XS. It was amazing! A fine trip.

TV: I’ve been so busy this past week that I am a little behind. Other than Dexter the most recent show that I have watched and caught up on (I love having watched every episode for a series, it’s the only way to go) is Burn Notice. Daniele has been telling me for awhile that this is a good show and I barely took him up on his recommendation. It’s about a guy that was a spy for the government and they burn him (or cut all ties with him). This means he’s on his own, plus his two friends and mom. It’s basically like Alias. A spy doing missions that can be condensed into an hour program that have some clever twist, a little fighting, some romance, a likeable main character, a fairly loose story line, and hot bodies. It’s a format that works for me.

Random Thought/Observation: This isn’t a clever thought or observation, but how in the world did short shorts on men become popular back in the 70’s? I can’t fathom it. Just a terrible terrible idea. I thought about this because it’s coming back a bit in soccer. Not short shorts, but they are short enough that you double take, lean over to the person next to you and say something like, “those shorts that guy is wearing, they’re pretty short, right?”

Crushes:
Female: Amy Adams. I have enjoyed her most recent work in Doubt, Sunshine Cleaning, and Enchanted. Plus, she seems cool, made friends with Meryl Streep, and is hot.
Male: JT. He can act, sing, do comedy, and loves sports. I think the “dick in a box” skit was WAY overrated, but love his work on SNL. Very underrated skit was him as a backup dancer for Beyonce.

4 comments:

  1. UM COOL. Congratulations to Matty. That is awesome. Not about the stitches, but the BYU soccer team part. I have been needing a new show. I picked up Dexter at Target the other day, since you recommended it. And I looked at the case, and saw his creepy face and the blood covered cover, and then promptly put it back. I can't do it. I think I'd be totally freaked out the whole time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And oh, saw your comment on Bridget's blog. HOW CAN YOU POSSIBLY LIKE KAYLA? She is nothing short of Satan's mistress. She is awful. She is SO full of herself. And it doesn't help that the judges tell her she could never possibly make one wrong step. My personal favorite was last week when they told her she should STAR on broadway, and that she is a natural actress. And then this week she was like, "dancing is a lot of acting too you know." She was practically throwing herself at any broadway sap wwho would listen. Vomit. vomit. vomit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I fell in love with Amy Adams last week when I watched "Junebug." Super darling. You'd really enjoy it, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahaha oh jenny. Anyway... I wanted to comment and tell you to tell Matty congrats. He's a stud. He's going to be fending off the ladies left and right.

    Watch Drop Dead Gorgeous. One of those random movies... but Amy Adams is in and kinda slutty so you'll enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete