Monday, June 8, 2009

The US Game

I haven’t really read enough blogs (haha. My version of Word is so outdated that it labeled blogs as a spelling mistake.) to know if I should write this thing like a journal, a letter to no one in particular, an extended version of a Facebook/twitter status, a magazine article, or what. I’m assuming it doesn’t really matter. If anyone does read this and has any suggestions for improvement, please make them known. With that said; back to Chicago.

Saturday morning we got to take a tour of Wrigley field, that was pretty cool. Although the guy kept trying to take credit for stuff that the Cubs started and I just don’t believe. Like they were the first to let fans keep foul balls and the playing of the National Anthem before sporting events originated there. We did get to see the cub’s locker room, press room, and walk onto the dirt of the field (not actually onto the grass though).

The game was fun, but scary. The US gave up a goal to Honduras in the fifth minute and we were biting our nails just waiting for the come back. The crowd was at least 40% Honduran and were loud as an alarm clock at 6 am. Long story short, the US scored two and won the game. It was not anti-climatic, as I make it sound, but also not that exciting in written blog form. As a side note, Soldier field was very cool.

Random Note:

I’m a ridiculous person, I realize this, and I always have to have my spam folder cleaned out so that there isn’t a little number indicating that I have un-read messages, whether I have any interest in reading said messages or not. This isn’t a real problem in and of itself because I don’t mind wasting the 3 seconds of time that it takes. The problem with Gmail lies in the little line above the messages that figures out what you’re doing or where you are and makes suggestions with links to sites or news stories that you may be interested in (sort of like tivo or Amazon’s “You may also be interested in”. When you go to your Gmail spam folder, and I’m sure there are those of you that have never bothered to even go in there, the suggestion line always gives me Spam recipes. Ex: Spam Enchiladas or Spam Casserole. I cannot express how much this grosses me out. I don’t actually gag, but my mind does just at the thought of it. So which will win out? My OCDness that requires me to empty my spam inbox or my mind’s gag reflex?

1 comment:

  1. Grosssss. Spam is grossssss. I wish I could tour Wrigley! FUN! I would quote Rookie of the Year the whole time. Funky Butt Lovin!

    ReplyDelete